Friday, April 8, 2011

Setting up an HTPC Pt.1 -denied-

After several days of testing and just about getting the bulk of the work done, there was a hard drive failure. Just a week after getting the machine it died. So, it is being sent back to Acer for repair and this tutorial will have to wait a while.

On a side note, this is the second time in almost as many months that this has happened. Both items I bought from Newegg.com. The first was a new laptop, an Asus K72Dr died after a month of use, then this Acer Revo 3700 died after only 5 days. This is really uncommon because I get stuff from Newegg regularly, normally only parts and not full systems though. This has now turned me away from them for systems, parts seem to be working fine (some are as old as five years).

Anyway, I will start this again when I get it back.

1 comment: